My Stock Photos

Monday, February 28, 2011

Project 52 - Week 8 Bug's Prospective


This weeks assignment was a "bug's prospective." I had a few ideas...a close up of a kid holding a magnifying glass while the sun burns the ant. A bottom of a shoe. And then a close up of a guy in a car texting, viewing it from the windshield.

I just could not get it together enough this week to make it happen. Jim's first suggestion was the bottom of a shoe, I liked this a lot but we kind of thought that a lot of other photographers would be doing the same thing...so I put it in the back of my mind. But then when my other ideas didn't work that was all I had left.

I took a shot of Jim's shoe, but then he said bug's don't live in snow so I had to pick another shoe. It was freakishly cold outside so I tried to take it inside, but then it looked weird without sky in the background. But my time was up so I quickly edited the colors and uploaded it. Glad Jim made the shoe suggestion or I would not be handing anything in today.

In the end I like the colors, I figured bugs see colors a little different...so I saturated them a little. I'm looking forward to one week where I totally am stoked with my photo...I'm a little tired of my half-assness.



1 comment:

  1. I like how you coined the term "half-assness". You are never half ass-ed! I'm always impressed with what you produce!

    ReplyDelete