I have struggles being super creative. Occasionally I will have a brilliant idea, but those are rare occasions. Jim on the other hand can spout out ideas left and right and they are usually things I would have never thought of. So since I had a bad creative mind last week I made him sit down and brainstorm with me.
So the topic was "broken". Part of the reason for doing this project is to look outside the box of literal meaning take it a few steps further. So he asked what it made me think of...well, broken objects, broken bodies, being broken emotionally. But when I thought of it more say for instance if you had a handicap some would say that person was broken, but I would say more often than not the person who had the ailment wouldn't say it was a handicap at ALL. It was who they were and they were stronger for it and they would NEVER say they were broken and well I would have to agree. I was thinking of doing some kind of emotional breakdown, but who wants to cry in front of the camera...I am an ugly crier and so I was stuck again.
Then Jim and I talk about how I want it to be not a literal photo more symbolic, so we start talking about things in society that are broken...we instantly went political and thought of all sorts of things that are broken. The White House, the Economy, etc. So I grab a few bills and the $20 had all the elements I wanted. I took several viewpoints and this was the one I liked the best.
I'm proud to report that I actually researched several actions and loaded a bunch that I liked and I used them for the first time with this photo...ALL BY MYSELF. I'm loving this action business, I'm so excited to see the evolvement of my photographs throughout the year.
Anyway...I give you BROKEN...

The rest of the group...Project 52
I like, I like! :o)
ReplyDeleteThis is such an awesome representation of our current poor economic policy. I second the brokeness of this one. This p52 thing is so awesome. I am getting the guts up to post my pictures on the blog but I love looking at everyone else's creative ideas and having an assignment. So fuN!
ReplyDelete