My Stock Photos

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Project 52 - Week 12 Everyday Objects

Taking an object and using it in an unusual way was the assignment. I didn't sway to much from my original idea, but as usual Jim makes my mind think a little wider. Which is my whole point, so I am actually happy to share my week with you.

I wanted to use a nail file or finger clippers to cut wood, or just look like I used them to cut the wood. Jim said why don't you use your big fabric scissors instead. Brilliant. I was hesitant to take my magic scissors out of their metal box and take them outside and get them dirty...but it was worth the shot.

I didn't have a wood pile, but I just read a post from my friend Annie who said she just carried a bunch of wood, so I new she had a wood pile somewhere. That and wood really isn't hard to come by here.

I took my scissors and took some shots of the wood pile. My precious scissors only got a little sap on them. When I brought them home I knew I wanted to change the background, but didn't know how.

I watched a few tutorials on photoshop and changed the color. It was so cool...there is more I could have done, but this was enough for now and there are a ton more photos to take this year to hone my skills.

Before...


After...


What do you think, do you agree with changing the background color, and don't you love my 9" scissors and all their glory?

No comments:

Post a Comment